Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help on conception project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dpacro

Hi there ! I was wondering if someone could help me with a little project.

I want to give a 3volt source to run a fan when the device is on standby and i want the fan to turn on 12volt when the device turn on.

Will it be possible to do with basic electronics component ?

thanks for your help

Need help on conception project
Maybe you should ask your parents about that

I want to give a 3volt source to run a fan when the device is on standby and i want the fan to turn on 12volt when the device turn on.
So the fan runs slowly when the device is on standby and fast when on. What sort of device is it? Does it tell you that it's on standby? What power supply are you wanting to use for the fan?

Will it be possible to do with basic electronics component ?
Yes. Might need a couple of parts though.

Last edited:
you mean you have a device and a fan, and you need to run the fan with two volatges?
when the device is standby the fan get only 3V?
and when its on then the fan get 12V?

ie: two speeds?

It's for an Xbox 360. I want to make the fan run on 2 or 3 volt Low speed on standby to cool down the system then make it run on 12volt high speed when it runs.

thank you

ok give some detail about teh on/standby signal, whats the voltage level? is it logic hig/low? you can use a simple transistor to drive it with teo different voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back