Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on building RC robotic arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help is available, however, your post doesn't appear to contain a question! :?

Mike.

Ya are you talking about a wireless remote to control a robotic arm?

You have to include way more info then that, include this do you want RF for greater range or do you want IR for price reduction also what type of motors do you want to use dc, stepper motors, or ac.

Do you want to use a microcontroller and how many motors will this consist of?

If you need help you need to give us some info and a question on what you need.

Pommie said:

Mike.

Not to mention the title has no information- sorry, nothing personal, I've just seen so many useless titles I had to vent. Can't keep track of threads when they have no functional title. 'cmon- "wireless robotic arm"

Oznog said:
Pommie said:

Mike.

Not to mention the title has no information- sorry, nothing personal, I've just seen so many useless titles I had to vent. Can't keep track of threads when they have no functional title. 'cmon- "wireless robotic arm"

Back then when i posted this topic i was pretty new to the forum, so i didnt know the Do's and Dont's of the forum. :oops:

Well i m new to the robotics field so i want to build a simple remote control
robotic arm with a
1) 6 degree of freedom
2) probably using a stepper motor, if possible using a dc motor
3) doesnt have to do heavy duty stuff, just for the purpose of showing it must have the capability of grabbing the stuffs and lifting some light stuffs like stuff made from thermocols etc.
4) using a power supply that can be mounted on its body, no need of long wires.
5) n capable of moving around if possible.
6) n a wireless also

thansk for any reply

I would just like to clariffy your request. You have asked for help to build an RC Robotic Arm. The term robot refers to any machine that can perform a task (or group of tasks) without human intevention.

Are you trying to build an arm device that is completly controlled by you via remote control or an arm device that will perform a set routine (such as pick up blocks and place in pile) with a single input from the remote control?

I have been thinking on similar lines for some time now. Does nobody have any idea about building a robotic arm?

I have been thinking about the mechanical aspect of my robotic arm and I have a couple of ideas for it.

First I plan to replicate the human arm by putting three motors which act as joints one for replicating elbow movement, one for the up and down wrist movement and the third one for somehow controlling the sideways wrist movement. If possible I also want to control the fingers movement, though i dont know how that will be possible.

My robotic arm will be controlled by a remote and as of now I think I will have to use wires coz I think the wireless sensors are going to be very expensive.

I really dont know what else I can do with the design so if anybody has any suggestions could you please reply?

o by the way it just occured to me that I'll need another motor to also control the movement of atleast all the fingers and thumb together so that it is capable of atleast holding or picking up something.....fancy an arm that cant do anything but move the elbow and wrist... :wink: ?

if you want to completely replicate the human arm, you must make an arm that has seven degrees of freedom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degrees_of_freedom

which will be quite hard to acheive.

you could consider making something like the Lynx5 or the Lynx6

**broken link removed**

im also thinking to build a robotic arm like the Lynx5. the only problem im having right now is that the motors are going to cost me a fortune (well, considering its only a summer mini-project it is a fortune)

samcheetah said:
if you want to completely replicate the human arm, you must make an arm that has seven degrees of freedom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degrees_of_freedom

which will be quite hard to acheive.

you could consider making something like the Lynx5 or the Lynx6

**broken link removed**

im also thinking to build a robotic arm like the Lynx5. the only problem im having right now is that the motors are going to cost me a fortune (well, considering its only a summer mini-project it is a fortune)
sam , no luck in finding a couple of old copiers ??

A Robotic Arm doesn't have to replicate the human arm. The most basic robotic arm I have found is the "Polar Co-ordinate Arm".

This arm only requires 3 motors.

1 to rotate the arm assembly (shoulder).
1 to change the angle of the forearm (elbow).
1 to extend retract the forearm (also elbow).

I hope this diagram helps, and is understandable.

Attachments

• polarcoordinate.jpg
    polarcoordinate.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 776
Well that's what i wanted to build a robotic arm with atleast of 6 degree of freedom
1 for shoulder movement
1 for forearm "
1 for elbow "
1 for wrist "
and 2 to replicate the fingers not more that 2 atleast to hold or grab somthing, if possible using the wireless controll through the RC.

Thanks for any comment

The motors used in the Lynx 5 are their own product or will i get them in a shop...If not then which motor should i use for the arm and does anybody have any idea how to make the arms more dextrous so that they could do something like fixing a screw or something at that level.....just for extra info. thx for the replies though

it's great...........
:D i'm also working on the same project and with almost similiar ideas
:idea: we can add some functionality by using an input from the user in terms of degrees.

first for the no. of radians for elbow movement
then for the arm and so on.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back