Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help!! on adc 0808

Status
Not open for further replies.

plotoyee

hai everybody....
im now using the adc0808 to convert the human voice into the digital form. but there is no output shown?? why??
where is the problem??
thanks for ur help

Attachments

• adc_398.jpg
    adc_398.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 656
adc 808

:D hi,

how about posting your circuit, we are all dreaming with what you did. :oops:

plotoyee said:
hai everybody....
im now using the adc0808 to convert the human voice into the digital form. but there is no output shown?? why??
where is the problem??
thanks for ur help

What's wrong with the 8 outputs at the bottom right?.

plotoyee said:
yea i can get the output from the adc. it give me all high although no input signal is given...
It sounds like you are assuming that leaving the input floating equates to zero volts in. It really equates to undefined volts in. To test for operation, connect the ends of a 10k potentiometer to Ref+ and Ref-, and connect the wiper on the pot to the input. Vary the pot setting and see that the output code does what you expect.

Ron H said:
plotoyee said:
yea i can get the output from the adc. it give me all high although no input signal is given...
It sounds like you are assuming that leaving the input floating equates to zero volts in. It really equates to undefined volts in. To test for operation, connect the ends of a 10k potentiometer to Ref+ and Ref-, and connect the wiper on the pot to the input. Vary the pot setting and see that the output code does what you expect.

actually i try to conver the sound input signal into digital
is it posible to do that way??
if not how should i conver the signal into digital form??

plotoyee said:
Ron H said:
plotoyee said:

actually i try to conver the sound input signal into digital
is it posible to do that way??
if not how should i conver the signal into digital form??
I was only trying to tell you how to test the converter, not how to use it. I haven't used the ADC0808, but it doesn't look very suitable for audio conversion unless you only want voice quality (low bandwidth). You need a sample and hold, you have to wait for it to settle before you can start the conversion, and the conversion time is 100usec (maybe half that if you run at the maximum clock rate). You would also need an anti-aliasing filter in front of the sample and hold. I think I would look for a faster A/D.

oic.
thanks.
im using that adc to convert human voice. so it is sutable to used this ADC.
what is sample and hold means. and how do i built it.

oic.
thanks.
im using that adc to convert human voice. so it is sutable to used this ADC.
what is sample and hold means. and how do i built it.

Surely you know how to use Google. Search for "sample and hold".
A sample and hold samples the audio (in this case) periodically, and holds that sampled value steady until a conversion can be completed. The A/D will give you erroneous results if the input voltage changes during a conversion cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back