Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on 12VDC to 12VAC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW1QRZ

i need help on a gadget that runs on a 12VAC output power adaptor.
what i want is to use this gadget on my car which is a 12VDC. i did not
try to hook it up directly to the 12VDC coz it may damage the gadget.
if you electronic experts there know some kind of a circuit that i can
make then pls post it or e mail it to me.
thanks and God Bless

DW1QRZ said:
i need help on a gadget that runs on a 12VAC output power adaptor.
what i want is to use this gadget on my car which is a 12VDC. i did not
try to hook it up directly to the 12VDC coz it may damage the gadget.
if you electronic experts there know some kind of a circuit that i can
make then pls post it or e mail it to me.
thanks and God Bless

Can you tell us what the 'gadget' is and what it does??
Its not possible to give advice unless we know more about the project..:rolleyes:

its a Music Playing 5 Motor Massage Seat
i cannot post the web site
i am not allowed by the mods to do so but you can see it in there web site

DW1QRZ said:

Sounds like something out of some of the Arab/Oriental taxis I have had the misfortune to ride in!:eek:

JimB

DW1QRZ said:
i cannot post the web site
i am not allowed by the mods to do so but you can see it in there web site
hi,
I have looked at the websites about this seat, cannot find any technical data.

Can you read the ratings printed on the mains adaptor, example: 12Vac at XXamps. It might be easier to buy a 12Vdc mains invertor and plug the adaptor into that.

I have read some of the user reviews, some are not impressed with the massage feature, its just buzzes they say!.

ericgibbs said:
hi,
I have looked at the websites about this seat, cannot find any technical data.

Can you read the ratings printed on the mains adaptor, example: 12Vac at XXamps. It might be easier to buy a 12Vdc mains invertor and plug the adaptor into that.

I have read some of the user reviews, some are not impressed with the massage feature, its just buzzes they say!.

its output:12VAC 1200mA

JimB said:
Sounds like something out of some of the Arab/Oriental taxis I have had the misfortune to ride in!:eek:

JimB

thank you sir but im not an arab taxi driver :)
GOD BLESS YOU and Your FAMILY
HAPPY NEW YEAR

DW1QRZ said:
its output:12VAC 1200mA
hi,
Thats about 15VA [approx 15Watt]
I would suggest the easiest solution would be a 25W or 50Watt, 12Vdc to mains convertor, plugged into the cars cigar lighter socket and then plug the 12Vac adaptor into the invertor.

Do you follow that OK.:)

EDIT: this is the sort of invertor I mean, this one is much too big for your application, but you can get smaller versions.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
ericgibbs said:
hi,
Thats about 15VA [approx 15Watt]
I would suggest the easiest solution would be a 25W or 50Watt, 12Vdc to mains convertor, plugged into the cars cigar lighter socket and then plug the 12Vac adaptor into the invertor.

Do you follow that OK.:)

EDIT: this is the sort of invertor I mean, this one is much too big for your application, but you can get smaller versions.
**broken link removed**

cant i just use some sort of transistor or some small circuit for this and not buy this converter its a bit big and space eater in my car

DW1QRZ said:
cant i just use some sort of transistor or some small circuit for this...
Your expectations are quite unrealistic. It may turn out that the first thing your gadget does with the AC input is rectify and filter it to produce ceteris paribas 12VDC!

It could be an AC motor, my sister has a disco ball that uses a 12V synchronous motor to turn it round.

You might be able to get it to work using a simple transistor h-bridge and a 60/50Hz oscillator but there are no guarantees.

jumides said:
I guess there's a solenoid inside it, They use AC to magnetized/demagnetized an
object to produce vibration and not real motor, that's why they don't use DC.:rolleyes:
For a Music Playing 5 motor massage seat I don't know what the solenoid would be doing. You're right the motors might be AC but the music player is certainly DC so there is a rectifier and a filter in there somewhere.

Papabravo said:
For a Music Playing 5 motor massage seat I don't know what the solenoid would be doing. You're right the motors might be AC but the music player is certainly DC so there is a rectifier and a filter in there somewhere.

if there is a diode inside, then the battery can connect to gadget.
power.PNG

sorry for previous attached file. :eek: here's the correct schematic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back