Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help: Momentary to Toggle, With a catch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

R32Jake

Hi guys,

I need some help with an automotive project. i will try to describe the scenario without boring you with the details. I have a circuit in my vehicle that controls the exhaust muffler bypass that I would like to manually control. But rather than mounting another switch in the dash, I would like to integrate it into the function of the traction control switch (momentary); so that when I turn the traction control system off, it will also "Open" the exhaust circuit.

So here is what I need help on: I would like to use the momentary signal from the existing switch to control this independent exhaust circuit, which should be Normally Closed. So i am assuming I will need some sort of a flip-flop circuit.

But here's the catch: Anytime the ignition is turned off, the traction control system is turned back on. So i need to somehow integrate the ignition power-source into the switching mechanism. Otherwise if I have the exhaust open and turn off the ignition, the next time I start the car, the exhaust will still be open, but the traction-control will be back on.

Let me know if I can clarify that better, I know it is confusing. Thanks in advance for any help!

-Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back