Need Help: Momentary to Toggle, With a catch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

R32Jake

Hi guys,

I need some help with an automotive project. i will try to describe the scenario without boring you with the details. I have a circuit in my vehicle that controls the exhaust muffler bypass that I would like to manually control. But rather than mounting another switch in the dash, I would like to integrate it into the function of the traction control switch (momentary); so that when I turn the traction control system off, it will also "Open" the exhaust circuit.

So here is what I need help on: I would like to use the momentary signal from the existing switch to control this independent exhaust circuit, which should be Normally Closed. So i am assuming I will need some sort of a flip-flop circuit.

But here's the catch: Anytime the ignition is turned off, the traction control system is turned back on. So i need to somehow integrate the ignition power-source into the switching mechanism. Otherwise if I have the exhaust open and turn off the ignition, the next time I start the car, the exhaust will still be open, but the traction-control will be back on.

Let me know if I can clarify that better, I know it is confusing. Thanks in advance for any help!

-Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…