Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in noise elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun_aec

I intend to do a mini project on noise elimination... such that this circuit can identify a particular voice and cancells other noises.... is this possible... Anybody please help me...

You can detect the frequency of the voice and isolate that frequency through filters but I think it would sound like crap. Moreover, it could just sound like white noise and be very hard to understand on replay. Speech is very diverse and has lots of complex characteristics that makes it simple to understand.

It might be doable but it will take a lot of effort and probably a nice budget. It's neither a mini or a trivial project.

Last edited:
I intend to do a mini project on noise elimination... such that this circuit can identify a particular voice and cancells other noises.... is this possible... Anybody please help me...

Hi,

Well, noise cancellation is not a simaple job so that a simaple circuit could help, it needs computations!
You maybe know that a mechanical wave like sound would be propagated spherically in the medium, and you can not completely cancel it just by producing 180 degrees out of phase waves.

Identification of a sound wave from noise is even harder and thus is done by 'noise canceling headphones'

However you can do a simple test with your stereo Radio by simply altering the polarity of the wires of one speaker...

However you can do a simple test with your stereo Radio by simply altering the polarity of the wires of one speaker...

is it really as simple as that to cancel noise? is that what bose does with their head phones (e.i. have a mic picking up noise from outside and having a reverse polarity speaker reflect the negated noise back outside to cancel it)?

Last edited:
is it really as simple as that to cancel noise? is that what bose does with their head phones (e.i. have a mic picking up noise from outside and having a reverse polarity speaker reflect the negated noise back outside to cancel it)?

It does not cancel any noise. what it does is reducing the sound amplitude generated by both speakers .

I just wanted to let the poster to know that a simple circuit( which just produces an out of phase signal) is not the whole story, because he wanted a 'mini project' work. If he makes that test he would see that the cancelation is low and so a lot of algorisms are need for a such project.

A noise canceling headphone does not need a separate speaker to cancel the outside noise, just a mic and one speaker are enough to do so (the speaker produces the desired sound and the negative noise wave of the background noise simultaneously)

If you are eager to noise canceling headphones(which are much easier to be made) and want to make one so here's a link with the schematics:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back