Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in my graduation project please

Status
Not open for further replies.

56eebo

Hello everyone...
I'm a new member in this forum and i hope you can help me with my graduation project.
I'm an automotive engineering student, and i need a sensor or a device to measure the road gradient from a car..
Please give me any ideas that may help me :)
Thanks,,,

Whilst we enjoy helping people; in order to help you we need to know how far you've progressed. Please post what you've already done, including any ideas you've had. If you need help that your lecturer should have provided, please tell us (and your lecturer) what you found was lacking. It is not right if you manage to attain a high grade from the help we have provided if your lecturer is negligent; it will make them appear to be better than they really are and put you at an unfair advantage to your classmates.

It also would help us to know more about your education, geographical location and experience with the English language.

Well, first sorry if my English language is not good, I'm from Jordan and my mother language is Arabic.
My specialization called Autotronics Engineering (= Automotive & Electronics).
My project "Automatic Clutch System" is simply a manual gearbox without a clutch pedal, the clutch is actuated by a stepper motor and controlled by a pic controller and a photo sensors, but when start up the car we need to increase the fuel to balance between clutch and accelerator pedals. This increase in the fuel depend on many factors like road elevation angle, vehicle total weight and engine temperature.
Unfortunately my lecturer does not support us enough ...
so if there is any idea to get a voltage that is proportional to road angle please help me.
Thanks a lot for your quick replay Hero999.

A tilt sensor I would say but probably one you have to make your self

you might try a potmeter and fix the potmeter housing on the car but put a mechanical weight on the shaft, if the car (potmeter housing moves) the weigh will stay down by gravity so you will have a movement from the potmeter shaft = change in resistance

the resistor change will be minimal and with aceleration and deceleration you will alo get a change in the resistance (maybe desired as in those situations you also want a feul de/increase)

Robert-Jan

interfacing my graduation project

Hi everyone,

im new here... well i need your help guys. I am making a project that accepts from an external device that inputs a person's id password then passing it to the computer... what interfacing device can i specifically use... the PC then compares the password if the user is registered.. any idea?

thanks!:confused::confused::confused:

Hi everyone,

im new here... well i need your help guys. I am making a project that accepts from an external device that inputs a person's id password then passing it to the computer... what interfacing device can i specifically use... the PC then compares the password if the user is registered.. any idea?

Ever thought to use a keybord ;)

by the way you put as location bohol where is that :confused:

Robert-Jan

Hello everyone...
I'm a new member in this forum and i hope you can help me with my graduation project.
I'm an automotive engineering student, and i need a sensor or a device to measure the road gradient from a car..
Please give me any ideas that may help me :)
Thanks,,,

**broken link removed**

First welcome to the fourm!

But you will want to start your own thread for this question. This is 56eebo's thread and it is not a good thing to steal or hijack it.

Please play nice.

3v0

Hi everyone,

Thanks rjvh , user 88 ..
I will try to design that potentiometer idea ... i hope it works.
if it does not work .. I will try to find an electronic inclinometer that may fulfill my needs.

hello

hey 56eebo,

sorry by the way for that rude hijacking..hehe im just familiarizing the forum site, i tried to make a thread of my own first, but i was not allowed to make one, so i tried to use yours for the reason that we have the same graduation prob. well i have made mine after that..=)

anyways rjvh im from tagbilaran city, bohol, philippines...

tanks 3v0 for reminding me..=) :D

Last edited:
Well, first sorry if my English language is not good, I'm from Jordan and my mother language is Arabic.
My specialization called Autotronics Engineering (= Automotive & Electronics).
My project "Automatic Clutch System" is simply a manual gearbox without a clutch pedal, the clutch is actuated by a stepper motor and controlled by a pic controller and a photo sensors, but when start up the car we need to increase the fuel to balance between clutch and accelerator pedals. This increase in the fuel depend on many factors like road elevation angle, vehicle total weight and engine temperature.
Unfortunately my lecturer does not support us enough ...
so if there is any idea to get a voltage that is proportional to road angle please help me.
Thanks a lot for your quick replay Hero999.

Sounds like you want an accelerometer.
A beginner's guide to accelerometers

hi:
One of our friends above had the right idea- a tilt mechanism- crude but works is an old gas gage out of a cars gas tank. look into the science of it and you'll get it. contact me if need any further ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back