Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in microcontroller/board selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

htcompany

Hello,

I want to design one system which need following features.

1. Graphical/Touch screen 7inch LCD interfacing for displaying and parameter controlling.
2. Approximately 100 I/O pins.
3. Low cost.

I am confused about my selection of microcontroller/board. Please suggest me that which microcontroller/board should I use ?

You could do it with many micro's ARM, PIC... 8, 16 or 32bit.... But the bigger / faster processors will give far better usabiliy... If you use a 100 pin 8 bit and a decent LCD driver, the results on a 7" will always be too slow... If you use a 32bit running at 100Mhz +... Well!! No contest....

I use a PIC32 and a 16bit LCD interface and the results are good on a 4.3" screen....

Here is a 5" touch screen for a Raspberry Pi.
The LCD is $29 and the Raspberry Pi 3 is $35.
https://www.banggood.com/5-Inch-800...berry-PI-3-Model-B2-Model-BBAB-p-1054289.html
I can't find a 7" but I have seen them.

The Raspberry Pi 3 does not have 100 I/O pins. BUT You can get from many places expansion boards that add 8 or 16 or 32 more.
upload_2016-6-24_16-0-52.png

upload_2016-6-24_16-1-35.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back