Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in IR Remote Control Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire88

I am trying to find some circuitry whereby I can control the Cable TV set top box in my living room from my room.

I hope to build a system whereby there is a IR receiver in my room and there is an IR transmitter in front of the set top box in the living room, this receiver and transmitter are connected together through wire not by RF. When i point the remote control at the IR Receiver in my room, the signal will pass thru the cable to the IR transmitter in the living room. The IR transmitter will transmitter the signal to the set top box.

I have attached an jpeg illustration of this system. It would be best if the circuits can be battery operated and there would be an on off switch. Can this circuit be implemented? I have searched online but couldnt find such circuit schematic. I hope to be able to construct this system instead of buying it. Is there anyone who is able to give any advises?

Attachments

• IR.JPG
    IR.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 407
Maybe some well placed mirrors. No kidding, it could work...

Maybe something like so.
**broken link removed**

Replace D1 with an IR LED and hang it on a long wire.

Last edited:
Got 2 computers? Ever thought of setting up a TV server?

MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - Home
also, IR Server suite plugin
**broken link removed**

as an FYI, IR server suite can act as a stand alone app from media portal. So you may be able to use it by itself to transmit signals from computer to computer. So if you have a computer in each room already, you're golden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back