Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help in constructing a Radio Controlled Car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabharish

I am a newbie to the field of electronics. I am 13 years old and I am greatly interested in knowing the deep levels of gadgets. I need help in constructing a RC car which can move forward , back , right and left.

I will be happy if anyone tells me the basics and the circuit diagram of this thing , and the purpose of each component in the circuit. I opened a similar RC car working at 49Mhz and there was a small PCB inside it which had a RX-2 microcontroller and the Remote control transmitter had a TX-2 Microcontroller,,and there were several resistors and capacitors.

I am a complete zero in electronics. I would be happy if someone helps me to understand the whereabouts in such a PCB and lifting myself building a successful electronic circuit. At present I need to know what happens in that PCB of the RC car:confused: . Please explain me step be step with a circuit diagram and the functions, works , role of each component in a PCB of a RC car.

Here are some foolish photos taken by me of the receiver and the transmitter. I know that this will be of no use to you. I just want to show you.

Receiver:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Transmitter:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Re:

RX-2 and TX-2 and are not micro-controllers, they are Receive and transmit modules for the wireless link, you will need these to control the car remotely.

Have you worked out the mechanical parts, or managed to source them, you probably have some designs for the car , if not I suggest you start by making them...

thanks
arun

A variable resistor in the switch of the TX indicates to the TX main IC that the stick has been moved. That IC then sends a signal via radio crystal down the antenna, probably in an FM signal. The RX antenna then picks up the signal and converts that signal into PWM signal which works at about 50hz. To a servo or motor controller which then converts the signal into power to the motor or the position of the servo.

All this would seem basic to the casual observer however this is definitely not a project for the beginner.

RC car

I could understand some bits of info that was replied. Can anyone post a simple circuit diagram of the Receiver and the Transmitter:confused:

Hi sabharish

Although I would say that you have definately come to the right place with your question, I must agree with some of the other posters: Unless you are a very gifted person, the only way to go is the long one. Start with the basics of electronics and work your way up. I've been working professionally with electronics for a few years, and I couldn't just sit down and make these kinds of circuits (of course that doesn't tell you much, since I could just be an awful technician, but still you should consider this fact).
In any case, I hope for you that you will dive deeper into electronics. Its such an interesting and rewarding field to work in - And do prepare yourself for a healthy mental challenge :)
Good luck whatever you decide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back