Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help identifying a component

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigshaff44

I need help identififying a bad component out of a dehydrater. It looks like it might be a diode or a small fuse? It was inline on onr leg of the power. It is white and round with the following markings on it:
186 T ( the T is inside of a triangle)
UMI
2A 250V
169 Degrees C E1
I would really appreciate any help with this and if you could tell me were I could I buy a replacement that would be even better. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG00023-20100912-1907[1].jpg
    IMG00023-20100912-1907[1].jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 392
Sounds like it might be a 163^C thermal fuse

I'd say a 169^C thermal fuse. If it is open circuit, it is blown - if it is short circuit, it is good. It is best to crimp to it rather than soldering - you can burn them out with a soldering iron.

Where abouts in the world are you? To help you find one, we need to know where you are.

Andrew

I need help identififying a bad component out of a dehydrater. It looks like it might be a diode or a small fuse? It was inline on onr leg of the power. It is white and round with the following markings on it:
186 T ( the T is inside of a triangle)
UMI
2A 250V
169 Degrees C E1
I would really appreciate any help with this and if you could tell me were I could I buy a replacement that would be even better. Thanks

As long as that is 169 degrees Celsius this will work.
This particular site lists it as 171 which is not quite correct.
That's the the upper tolerance in which it would trip.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back