Need Help GAL/PAL Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

This is my first post, and I appreciate everyone's help with other posts....

I am in a bind right now, and I need some help. I am trying to program at G22V10 (https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/05/DOC0778PDF.pdf)

I have a DataI/O 3900 Programmer and Tasklink software for the actual burn, however, I need some help with writing the file.

I am not finding any resources online, and at my wit's end.

As from what I remember, you need to create a .Jedec file and then run it through a PAL to GAL converter, and then save it to the programmers RAM.

The question I have is Which Program should I use for Creating a JEDEC file, and what is the Syntax for writing a JEDEC?

Does anyone have an example of a file, or a tutorial?
Or is there a more beneficial way of programming GAL chips?

Thanks

Shaun

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am actually using WinCUPL right now.

I like how it sets up the pin assignments when you start a new project, but I am not sure what I am doing after that. I read the instructions on PDF, but still am not too clear. I guess I am just looking for a sample program of some and gates or something, so I know how it needs to be laid out. (some codes put truth tables in, and some put simulator information, and it's making my head spin.)

as far as I can tell, it only saves as .PLD files, and I wasn't sure if I could just put that into the programmer and it would understand it (I was under the impression it had to be a JEDEC or HEX file)

:S Im just worried and frustrated.

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…