Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need HELP For PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisliew

hi all, I am new in town. currently I was doing a project that using pic16f873a micro controller to connect to the computer. but i am facing problem with the connection on the serial cable, so as the program that link to the micro controller. Can any one recommend me a way for the connection on the serial cable by using MAX485 or RS232?
Thanks for the comment.

Best regard,
chris liew

thanks for the advise on the RS 232 board, but a having problem with the 20MHz crystal as i only has 4MHz crystal. will it be ok as i use 4 MHz crystal with 15pF capacitors?

chrisliew said:
thanks for the advise on the RS 232 board, but a having problem with the 20MHz crystal as i only has 4MHz crystal. will it be ok as i use 4 MHz crystal with 15pF capacitors?

Yes, 4MHz is fine, but bear in mind you need to alter any timings.

Nigel, can i know how much V the capacitors u are using for the tutorial circuit board? i got 2 kind. one is 25V and the other is 50V. will it be ok?

chrisliew said:
Nigel, can i know how much V the capacitors u are using for the tutorial circuit board? i got 2 kind. one is 25V and the other is 50V. will it be ok?

Either would be fine - as long as they are higher than the highest voltage used (9V in this case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back