Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help finding parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubie

Hello, I want to build an EDM machine to produce one or two simple shapes in steel. I have obtained a copy of the March 1968 issue of Popular Science where they show how to build a very simple version of an EDM machine. I actually saw one of these up and running at my High School science fair, so it really does work!

My problem is I cannot locate the parts, the article didn't list part numbers and apparently what was common 40 years ago is no longer. The only “electronic” parts are two electrolytic capacitors rated for a minimum of 150 volts at 200 mfd and one silicon rectifier rated at 2 amps (150V?). The rectifier shown is a stud type, I assume for heat sinking. The light bulbs are 200W each.

I have attached a rather poor quality circuit.

My question is: what would be current part numbers for such components and where could I get them?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• EDM Circuit.JPG
    EDM Circuit.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 484
EDM and in electro discharge machining?

The circuit looks awful crude, but you can certinly try it if you like.
The parts you mention are very common. Check any electronic parts supplier for them. The 200W bulbs should be avalible at most hardware or home centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back