Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help finding a solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alonr

Hi guys,

I'm in need of a specific switch that will allow the following:

- The switch needs to have 3 contacts (legs)
- Switch OFF -> no contact between any of the legs
- Switch ON -> contact between all of the 3 legs

I've looked everywhere, but I couldn't find anything that fits.

Can you advise on a switch that will fit?

Also,
I was wondering, if I take a simple 3 leg on/off rocker switch and connect 2 of the leg with a diode, will it solve it?

Attachments

• circut 2.JPG
    circut 2.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Also,
I was wondering, if I take a simple 3 leg on/off rocker switch and connect 2 of the leg with a diode, will it solve it?
You just need a 3-pole switch. You don't need any diodes.

A double pole single throw switch with jumper wires between the poles will do it. Or even a single pole single throw with both out wires to one pole will do it.

A double pole single throw switch with jumper wires between the poles will do it. Or even a single pole single throw with both out wires to one pole will do it.
That won't work. He wants no contact between any of the wires when off.

That won't work. He wants no contact between any of the wires when off.

The single pole won't then but the double pole will. In his original post the thumbnail shows it. The '+' wires are jumpered together on the center terminals of the switch. then one '-' wire to each of the outside terminals.

I checked and you guys are right, a DPST switch will do the trick.
THANK YOU !

Now I just need to find one that is round, 12V and waterproof.

BTW, the switch is intended to create a hazard lights switch for my bike.
Normally the Positive hooks up to only one of the Negatives to turn on the right or the left turn signals.
I've checked, and by connecting all 3 wires I get the desired hasard light effect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back