Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help finding a good book on transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.

guilio_2000

I was wondering if anyone knew were I could buy a good book on transistors?

I'm looking for something that has all calculations, examples and calculated circuits built, etc....

Thanks,
Bob

I dont remmeber the name of the book but the one I used during my college was by an author Robert Boylestad
you can search for that name in library or book store
Its a big book and has a red cover
Its not only for transistors but it covers transistors in a very nice way.

Unreal! That was my text in college over 20 years ago! Still refer to it once and a while on stuff that has gotten foggy :oops:

The book is "Devices, Descrete and Integrated"

Louis Nashelsky and Robert Boylestad ISBN 0-13-208165-2 is the copy I have.

Does a great job of transistors, all types, in straightforward math, easy to follow. Also has some integrated circuits in the second part, good all round text.

Another classic were the General Electric transistor manuals. ( not so easy on the math, hope you passed calculus :D hard books to find now ) More information than anyone ever needed to know about transistors. Also has alot of examples, practical design tips, solid theory etc.

For text out of print, try Alibris, online

https://www.alibris.com/search/books/author/Boylestad, Robert L.

I'm great with math and I know how transistors work, but I'm just missing something that keeps me from understanding them fully. I keep burning them up and from my book that I have, the math is really hard to follow. I just need something straightforward that shows step 1 2 3 and explans steps 1 2 3 and how they work, etc....

These books good for that? If so, I'll definately be getting them..

Bob

Maybe you could take a visit to a college or university book store nearby, and have a browse through the text books available. This way you could see what level of math and explanation is presented, and find a text that meets your needs. I have done this many times, it is truely amazing what books are available, after all, people have to learn their trade somehow! :D

ok...now the book on transistors is out of the way, what about a good easy to follow steps 1 2 3 book on Mosfets?

Thanks,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back