Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help determining type of power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

invictive

Hi there,

I have a client in China who purchased all of his appliances in North America and now he needs to get some sort of power supply to run them.

Input voltage is: 390V 3-phase 50hz.
Output voltage required: 120/240V single-phase 60hz.

I have been looking around and it seems I want to get some sort of solid state frequency converter.

Power requirements:

Steam Oven - 240V 15A
Warming Drawer - 120V 15A
Microwave - 120V 15A
Oven - 240V 30A
Rangehood - 120V 6A
Garburator - 120V 11A

I need a device that can be left on all the time and can handle most of the units operating at the same time. I guess it would be wired directly into a North American sub panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have spoken to a couple of electricians but they haven't been able to come up with anything.

Thanks!

You could use a transformer to reduce the voltage but changing the frequency is much more difficult. Some of the devices, such as the standard ovens may work ok at 50Hz. The Microwave, Rangehood, and Garburator may need 60Hz. You can look at the nameplate. To perform that conversion would require a high power inverter such as one of these. They are likely not cheap.

Input voltage is: 390V 3-phase 50hz.
Output voltage required: 120/240V single-phase 60hz.

Ok got it, you need convention 220-110 .
Tell him to sell the stuff and buy compatible.
In long term he will loose more money in electricity, plus the cost about getting large transformers for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back