Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help designing digital schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcurtis

Hi, I am a student in an entry level electronics engineering class and I am having trouble with the following problem:

Draw the truth table for a circuit which has a high output if the binary value
of its inputs is less that 6 or greater than 9. The inputs are A, B, C, & D. A is
considered the most significant input (weight of 8) and D is the least significant
input (weight of 1). Use a Karnaugh map to obtain the minimized Boolean equation of the circuit. Draw the schematic of the circuit on PSPICE using NAND gates. The unused NAND gates in each package can be used as inverters by connecting all of the gate’s inputs to the signal to be inverted. The circuit can be built with one 7400 package and one 7410 package.

I used a truth table and k-map to figure out the boolean equation, however I need help designing the circuit with the 4 two-input NAND gates and 3 three-input NAND gates.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Move this to the "homework forum"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back