Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help designing a tester for a 25 wire harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

retaftech43

hi

I was wondering if any of you out there have ideas on how to build a 100% correct harness tester. I build wiring harnesses that have 25 same color wires going from one connector to another on different pins. I need to create a tester possibly using LEDs that will light indicating that no wires are crossed. Thanks in advance!

Dennis

You could just multiplex both ends of the wires and then just cycle through each checking if they are connected. And for each wire on one end you could check ever wire on the other so that you could be sure that nothing got accidentally connected. Then you could use leds to display in binary which wires were faulty. Or get a cheap lcd and have it display which wires are crossed with which. A pic with about 18 pins might do it, or I am sure there is another way which might be a lot easier but I prefer to overkill instead with a microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back