Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help designing a coin-operated vending machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunsahijwani

Hi guys,

I'm in desperate need to a solution for this problem. This is a do or die situation for me. If I'm able to post the answer to this in 10 hours, I will be allowed to graduate as it's a special exam being given to me as some form of removal test. Kindly help me out. Thank you very much for all the help extended. God bless you! Have a nice day.

I. A coin-operated vending machine dispenses 25-cent stamps and accepts nickels (5 cents), dimes (10 cents), and quarters (25 cents). You may insert exact change or an excess amount and receive change. It is assumed you will not insert an excess amount if you have correct change; that is, you might insert 3 dimes to pay for the 25-cent stamp, but not a dime followed by a quarter. After inserting the coins, you press a button S to obtain the stamp. If you have inserted enough money, you will receive the stamp and any change due. If you have not, your money will be returned.

Use the ASM approach to design a synchronous sequential VM that controls the dispensing of the stamp and the change. The coins must be inserted one at a time into a single slot. A coin detector issues one of three signals, N, D, or Q for nickels, dimes, and quarters, respectively to the VM. The outputs of the VM are ZS to deliver the stamp, ZN for delivering a nickel in change, and ZR to return all deposited coins. The circuit should reset automatically following each S pulse. Your design should be clear and easily understandable; hardware minimization is not a concern.

1. Construct the ASM chart. [20 points]
2. Draw the state diagram and show the state table. [20 points]
3. Design the control using JK flip-flops [20 points]
a. Give the flip-flop input functions
b. Draw the logic diagram of the control
4. Design the control using D flip-flops and a decoder [20 points]
a. Give the flip-flop input functions
5. Design the control using multiplexers. [20 points]
a. Give the multiplexer input table

So what is YOUR problem?
Do you know what an ASM chart is? I don't, I had to look it up!
You have to ask a specific question to get an answer, we are not going to do the exercise for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back