Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help design house burglar alarm project

Status
Not open for further replies.

heiba

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum (gotta say its awesome), I'm also not as experienced as you are in electronics, I'm doing my degree (2nd year), and I've got a design project (just design) for a burglar alarm. But the tutor needs details of everything, we're basically gonna build it all from basic components. We've decided to have a control panel for the alarm, a microcontroller, an internal siren, an external siren, door contact sensor, glass breaking sensor and a motion sensor. I really need your help and experience on that one, hope I'm not asking for much. we've been searching all over google lol, the tutor needs to know how to do every single bit, a budget and a time plan as well. we've got less than 2 weeks and we got other projects and exams. So please give as much ideas and details as u can. we're thinking of using the 16f84 microcontroller cause that's the one we use in the labs and we know its design and functionality already. but we got no idea about the practical issues of the sensors, how to connect them, how will data be transferred, is it easier to go to wireless or wired system. we already know how the whole system will work (i mean the flowchart), how about a speech dialer(the alarm calls the company or owners or friends once the alarm goes on)? is it easy? what device can we use? how will the whole thing be supplied with electricity, i mean here in the uk, electricity is about 220-250 V at 50Hz, how are we gonna connect the microcontroller or the panel or anything. we're also looking for prices of the every single component. you don't have to reply to everything (well sure will appreciate it if u did) but just reply to the aspect that u wanna tell about, or atleast tell me where to look, honestly we've been searching for a week now with nothing but a flowchart out of our minds, really guys, every little helps. answers, suggestions, links anything are all welcome, u can also contact me on mheiba16@gmail.com , thank you for your time

Not many here are big fans of doing other peoples homework assignments.

Your ambitious design is going to be tough with that ancient 16F84. Based on your apparent skill level the project has zero chance of completion in two weeks.

heiba, et al

Yes...we're out here. :D How about showing us what you've done...like the flow chart...then what parts you've completed. Then ask specific questions about the specific parts you don't understand. People don't like to hand over complete homework projects that they don't go toward their own CV...well maybe for money! ;)

By the way that is a good project with lots of facets and lots of options for creativity. :)

Ken

Hmm... it sounds like an "Introduction to Design Outsourcing" class. It is actually a very nice project otherwise.

we're thinking of using the 16f84 microcontroller cause that's the one we use in the labs and we know its design and functionality already.
If you already know how the 16F84 works, why asking then on this form a complete solution? A simple buglar alarm system as you describe is a very simple basic project what even newbees can do. So if you gonna do your exams, then you should it no problem for you at all... One day to design, to program and you done!

What about doing it old school and forget a micro processor (micro processor is a basic component???)

do it with logic IC and some analoge bits in the design

much more to learn for you and if you work it out detailed you will blow your teacher away so that he can only reward you with a good score

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back