Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help: Controlling Kiddie-Ride Electronics with pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunnymix

First I must apologize for being a noob but I have to start somewhere. So if I ask any dumb questions you know why.

So this is the situation:

I'm working on this installation for my graduation and I want everything to start moving and playing when you push a coin into the machine.
The machine is a kiddie ride and it's being controlled by an electronic device:

**broken link removed**

SPECS:
12v counter (is connected but not visible in photo)
motor
power supply
delay switch (don't know what it does, except that it delays something but nothing is connected to it)
coin switch
speaker (I won't be using the sound)

Specs Kiddie Ride:

**broken link removed**

Then I have a spinning disc, I used a ceiling fan for this. 3 speed. I'm using the highest speed.

SPECS:
230v
50hz
48w

I'm using a dvd-player and beamer and I'm using 4 lights.

This is what I want to happen:
When nothing is spinning and moving there are 2 lights lid.
When someone sits on the kiddie ride and pushes a coin into the machine 1 of the lights will turn off and at the same time 2 others will turn on. The ceiling fan starts spinning and the dvd starts playing. The beamer will stay on.

Can someone push me into the right direction or maybe someone knows that I need to use a kit and attach it to a computer use some c++ and I'm done or maybe this is impossible.

Oh, and is it possible to put the wires of the ceiling fan into the kiddie-ride electronics. I won't be using the speakers of the kiddie ride. Or will I fry the electronics?

Thank you very much. I tried on a different forum (dutch) but they didn't really feel like helping a noob.

Last edited:
use microcontroller, a cheap way to solve your problem. u can use such AVR microcontroller which function as interface between PC and your kiddie ride. uC and PC communicate via serial com port and PC GUI made by c++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back