Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help building a custom power regulator for my Nintendo Gamecube portable project

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitman1989

I'm building a custom Nintendo Gamecube handheld portable. I want to use a 7.2v 4500mA Lipo battery. I have found out that the gamecube mobo needs three different voltages. those voltages being... 1.9v at 6600mA max, 3.3v at 800mA max, and 5v at 350mA max. I calculated that the gamecube would consume 2270mA at 100% efficiency (which we all know is almost impossable). I would like to know how many mA the system would consume at say 55% efficiency, because I haven't found the math formula to figure it out. I would be very thankful if anyone can help me out.

Efficiency ε = Pout/Pin. Transposing, Pin = Pout/ε

Power P = E*I,

so, Ein*Iin = (Eout*Iout)/ε.

So if you have a Switcher to convert 7.2V to 1.9V that is 60% efficient,

then Iin = (Eout*Iout)/(ε*Ein) = (1.9*6.6)/(0.6*7.2) = 12.54/4.32 = 2.9 A.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back