Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help building a basic circuit with gates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amatheas

Hi,

I need help building a circuit. I think it isnt really compex, but I just dont get it how it should be done. I made a truthtable to explain how it should work. Table made with exel and paint, but it should be readable.

Using these basic ports. NOT OR NOR NAND AND XOR XNOR.

1-6 Inputs
Y1-Y6 Outputs

I bet you can figure this out for me.

With best regards Amatheas

Attachments

• Truthtable.jpg
    Truthtable.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
This looks like classwork. My policy is not to hand you an answer. What are having trouble with?

Well it does look like a classwork or homework, but it isnt. Anyways. I dont how build a circuit that exterminates the previous input. To clear things up. If I input 2 = 1 how it makes output Y1 = 0. That's the problem. I can make it work to input 1 and 2. But soon as I start to work on input 3 the whole thing collapses into randomness.

Im not the best at writing english and if you have any problems to understand what Im trying to say ask about it.

If I input 2 = 1 how it makes output Y1 = 0. That's the problem. I can make it work to input 1 and 2. But soon as I start to work on input 3 the whole thing collapses into randomness.

Y1 = 1 and not Y2. Y2 = 2 and not Y3. Etc.

Last edited:
Yup, now it works. The circuit is now a part of my seven segment display encoder thingy.
Thanks to everyone for the help.

Tho I didnt clearly undestand what BrownOut ment with this "1 = 1 and not Y2. Y2 = 2 and not Y3. Etc.", but it gave me an idea.

In the picture the 7-segment shows a number 4.

Attachments

• Results.jpg
    Results.jpg
    646.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back