Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

!!!NEED HELP!!!add in recorder voice in 18f4520

Status
Not open for further replies.

caltex

hi guys,

how do i add in a pre-recorder voice in the pic....and output it out through a speaker???

many thanks for your replies......

Store the audio data as a table in the program memory, them read it sequentially and play it back out through a digital to analogue converter. Don't forget the low pass filter after the D2A.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Store the audio data as a table in the program memory, them read it sequentially and play it back out through a digital to analogue converter. Don't forget the low pass filter after the D2A.

hi, i've converted the audio data to .asm table already. The problem now is, what is the code to play the audio? how shld i write it?

sorry about it.. im quite new to programming PIC

Read from where you store the audio data, then use external DAC, either serial or parallel interface. You may need to amplify the converter's output.

caltex said:
hi, i've converted the audio data to .asm table already. The problem now is, what is the code to play the audio? how shld i write it?

Read first entry, output to D2A, delay for next byte.
Read second entry, output to D2A, delay for next byte.
Repeat until all done.

The delay time is dependent on your sampling rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back