Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help about attract electromagnetic waves

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOF500

Hi
im looking for an circuit or machine that can attract or pull electromagnetic waves (with variable frequency zero to 200 hz)
is there circuit or machine like this?(or can i build something like this?)
Thanks.

What do you mean by "attract" or "pull"?

Coupled magnetic coils? transformer?

A correctly shaped piece of iron or steal can focus EM waves. But you need to be clearer about what you are trying to do

I don't think the OP knows what electromagnetic waves are, or at least doesn't understand their properties.

GOF500 , I suggest you do some reading on electromagnetic waves so that you have a better understanding of what they are. Then try to reword your question so that it actually makes sense and complies to the laws of physics.

To clarify why this question doesn't make sense, you cannot attract waves. You can reflect them, emit them, absorb them or in some ways focus them. It's the same as with compression waves in air (sound) or waves in water, have you ever seen a ripple in water curve toward something? You can channel a wave with a wave guide, but again, this isn't attracting it, it's channeling it (essentially, reflecting any waves that go off a path so they tend to continue on that path). One might mistake that a parabolic dish antenna "attracts waves" but it is really just reflecting waves that happen to hit the dish into a common point, focusing them. The total wave energy that it can pick up will never exceed the amount that would have passed through surface of space occupied by that of the antenna.

That is of course unless you can find a way to bend space, or spacetime. Which is the reason for the black hole comment above.

Last edited:
Welcome to ETO, GOF500!

Can a wave have 0 hz?
Only if you can aim DC... :woot:.

<EDIT> Although, a single DC pulse of ever increasing magnitude that never ended, sent to an antenna, would have a frequency of 0hz, wouldn't it?

...pull electromagnetic wave...
(My emphasis)
Not sure, of course, but the OP might have heard a Ham (or other user) refer to "pulling" a contact from, for instance, a pile-up or some other comms hash situation.

Last edited:
you'd have a job fastening a 1/4 wave dc whip to your car.

You question suggests an approach that is not how jamming is done.

Most important the TOS for this site prohibit discussion of that topic:

upload_2015-6-17_5-47-48.png

John

GOF500 wrote:
im looking for an circuit or machine that can attract or pull electromagnetic waves

He then wrote:
In fact I want to jam a transmitter and im looking for jammer for this frequency

JimB says:
Why did you ask the wrong question?
Is is a poor translation thing, or is it some cultural thing where some people just cannot ask a direct question?

JimB also says:
As already pointed out, this is an illegal activity and will not be supported here on ETO.

THREAD LOCKED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back