Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help: 0V triggered circuit to generate 5V

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryperales

need help: negative going pulse triggered circuit to generate 5V

hi guys,
im very new to electronic stuff. i just would like to know if is it possible to generate a 5V voltage from a single short pulse signal of 12V (50ns duration).

i need help for some sort of circuit to receive the 12V short pulse and have the circuit generate a steady 5V which i will use to power another TTL circuit.

regards,

harry

Last edited:
ooopsss, sorry my bad.

i mean a 12V short pulse signal from an electronic coinslot that i have. i need to be able to generate a 5V from this to power another TTL based logic circuit which would in turn communicate with my PC via parallel port

i just would like to know if is it possible to generate a 5V voltage from a single short pulse signal of 12V (50ns duration).
Unless the 12V is from a very low impedance source you won't be able to generate much 5V power from a single 50ns pulse.

generate a 5V from this to power another TTL based logic circuit which would in turn communicate with my PC via parallel port
Do you actually mean that the 12V/50nS pulse needs to power the Vcc of the circuit, or just trigger the 5V input in a circuit that is already powered by a 5V power supply?

Ken

50ns from an electronic coin slot??? I've used coin mechs (standard and electronic) and even built optical coin detectors - none of them had that brief of a pulse.

Do you actually mean that the 12V/50nS pulse needs to power the Vcc of the circuit, or just trigger the 5V input in a circuit that is already powered by a 5V power supply?

Ken

i just need to use the single pulse generated by the coin slot to trigger the power on another circuit, because it already has it's own supply

there is only a single pulse from the electronic coinslot... variable from 20ns, 45ns and 60ns

hi,
Use a HEF4528 dual monostable, powered from +12V, set the period of the mono to suit 'expanded time period' required.

Say extended output period of 500mSec, which could control a 5V system via suitable transistor.

Is this what you are asking.?

What type of coinslot is this that generates a 20-60nS pulse? Are you sure you're reading that spec sheet right? This is a whopping five orders of magnitude faster than any unit I'm familiar with.

the brand is SR, i think it's made in china. it's written on the box of the coinslot so im sure that it's 20-60ns

hi,
With respect to the Chinese note regarding the 20-60nS I would suggest using a scope to check the pulse,, I would.:rolleyes:

Details can get confused in translation.

hi,
With respect to the Chinese note regarding the 20-60nS I would suggest using a scope to check the pulse,, I would.:rolleyes:

Details can get confused in translation.

i already did that and got the same result, i had a friend of mine bring it to school just to make sure of the pulse.

also, im not pointing out china in a bad way since im using mostly items from china. It's only there in the event that there maybe someone who also brought similar item's who could help me out. i have great respect to chinese because my boss is a chinese...

i already did that and got the same result, i had a friend of mine bring it to school just to make sure of the pulse.

also, im not pointing out china in a bad way since im using mostly items from china. It's only there in the event that there maybe someone who also brought similar item's who could help me out. i have great respect to chinese because my boss is a chinese...

Why dont you post a simple circuit showing ideally what you want this pulse to do.

i am currently in an internet cafe now so it would be difficult for me to make a simple circcuit and then attach a picture here.

basically what i wanna do is to generate an output that is suitable for the parallel port lets say for about 1 sec so that my software will be able to detect the generated signal from the coin mech

i have an idea but i don't know if it's possible so i'll just ask for your ideas

1)directly send the negative going output pulse to LM555 (configured as a monostable) trigger and then feed the output of the monostable to the parallel port

i am currently in an internet cafe now so it would be difficult for me to make a simple circcuit and then attach a picture here.

basically what i wanna do is to generate an output that is suitable for the parallel port lets say for about 1 sec so that my software will be able to detect the generated signal from the coin mech

i have an idea but i don't know if it's possible so i'll just ask for your ideas

1)directly send the negative going output pulse to LM555 (configured as a monostable) trigger and then feed the output of the monostable to the parallel port

I did suggest a HEF4528 dual monostable in a previous post.:)

Im not sure if a 555 is fast enough to respond to 20nSec trigger pulses.???

Attachments

• esp03 Feb. 22.gif
    esp03 Feb. 22.gif
    19.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Im not sure if a 555 is fast enough to respond to 20nSec trigger pulses.???

I'm not even sure the cable is fast enough to respond to a 20nS signal.

I've also never heard of "SR" as a coin mech manufacturer, and I notice you didn't post a model number or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back