Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need good book for learning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I didn't know anything about C Programming Language. Now I am ok in it.

Sams Teach Yourself C in 21 days, 6th edition. ISBN# 0-672-32448-2
It will give you a very solid foundation in C Programming, but it is more for computers.

Along with

Beginner's Guide to Embedded C Programming by Chuck Hellebuyck ISBN# 978-1438231594
It is a good book, It will get you started.

Last edited:
Any way you go,

Start simple,
1: Try to turn ON one LED.
2: Try to blink one LED.
3: Try to turn on two LEDs.
4: Try to blink two LED.
5: ........

Get yourself a microchip's PICkit2 Starter Kit. It will come with a Demo Board. This way you know it's not the hardware.
(www microchipdirect com )
(DV164120 is the one that Chuck Hellebuyck uses)
(DV164121 will throw a small curve ball at you)

The hard part about any microcontroller is getting the chip setup and configuring the registers.

Keep with-it, They are so worth it. and it gets easier.

Last edited:
I've gotten some books on PIC programming, but I feel like the resources you can find online are actually better, and free to boot. Several users on here have good tutorials, Nigel and 3v0 are two that come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back