Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need feedback on this idea please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rashidme

Hello,

I have this idea that i need some feedback before i go with the implementation. I am thinking of building a padlock that can be unlocked with an app. You wont need keys, every time a user locks it, it will generate a random code. This random code will be stored both on a microcontroller inside the lock and on the phone. You can lock up to x padlocks. I am thinking of using low power bluetooth as a source of communication.

The beauty of this is that you can lock multiple locks with one app and NO keys are required!!

Of course the padlock will run on batteries but long life one. Any recommendation on this is welcomed!

There is more detail but this is just a snapshot.

Any comments/suggestions/criticism is welcomed!

Thanks for reading.

That should work, but you should use a "rolling code" (Google for info) which prevents anyone that could be listening in on your bluetooth signal from snagging the code.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back