Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Explanation "Crystal Oscillator"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayne

Below is a circuit,
I need explanation that how it start to oscillate.
Plz tell me step by step procedure.

Attachments

• XTAL.GIF
    XTAL.GIF
    3.1 KB · Views: 156
A small amount of noise from the transistor or resistors or just the "click" from power being applied gets amplified by the transistor and is phase-shifted 180 degrees by the crystal and its two capacitors, causing the feedback to be positive. The positive feedack is at the frequency passed by the crystal and keeps the oscillation going.

Any crystal operating at its resonant frequency.

I sense one of these 20 questions threads comming on.

Ayne,
Asking questions is good but many of the ansers and be found by reading articles this this article, so please read it before asking any more questions.

Last edited:
Didn't you read about crystal oscillators in Google? There are many articles that explain the phase-shift from a crystal in an oscillator.

I forgot to say that the transistor is an inverting amplifier that provides the other 180 degrees phase-shift. So the total amount of phase-shift is 360 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back