Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Expert Help!!! On 19 Pin LCD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormRyda

Has anyone had experience with 19 pin lcd? I cant find the model number on the lcd and maybe i am looking wrong. Can someone give me more information on where to look for it?

StormRyda said:
Has anyone had experience with 19 pin lcd? I cant find the model number on the lcd and maybe i am looking wrong. Can someone give me more information on where to look for it?

It's pretty meaningless I'm afraid! - it's most likely that the LCD you have is a specific device, not standard at all.

LCD text modules are fairly standard, they pretty well all use the Hitachi based control system (with a standard 14 pin connector).

It sounds like yours is probably just an LCD, without controller, so it's probably a fairly unique device, and requires very specific drive signals - you need to find a datasheet for the manufacturer (if such a thing exists!), or reverse engineer whatever you got it from.

Ok

I Dont Have the lcd part number...but their is a controller that is on the board with it.....and its not problem desoldering it..i posted the controller earlier...but the datasheet is in japenese...and i ono..
----------------------------------
Original Post
----------------------------------

I have found the controller that drives the lcd and here is its info.

Id : LC867112B

**broken link removed**

Go Their To see the chip...but their is no datasheet Available for it!!!!!! Can someone help me finding and just powering the lcd from the ic chip.

More info
" LCD auto-display controller/driver on chip (30 segments x 4 dots), tuner PWM output, 12-channel 8-bit A/D converter input, 4-channel 8-bit D/A converter output, remote control receiver circuit and real-time service functions, clock backup "

Do you think maybe the LC867112B would be similar to the A version ? If so their is a japanese datasheet....which i have looked at and am stuck...Please help!

-------------------------------

Also This is the controller...that i have but how and which wires/lcd pins are connected to it???? i dunt know

**broken link removed**

The device i got it from is a cd player and i have searched all over for the datasheet and only found the controller datesheet.... the lcd is probably a dead end but im guessing it can be similar to other unique 19-pin lcd and if anyone has hooked one of these up their might be a chance of it working. Do alot of the 14 pin lcds contain the same "pin" config even tho it might be different manufacturers? if so someone with experience with a 19 can help me out.

i can look at the device and tell you which of the pins from the lcd go to the controller...so i guess that is solved...but how is this controller powered is the question????

here is a pic of the pins to controller

The problem is hooking up power....i dont know what any of those numbers on the ic chip means.....i hope someone can help to which connecting the ic to a usb or serial port ( Whichever one is most funtionable and programable) Thank You

Attachments

• tmp5_152.gif
    tmp5_152.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 334
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back