Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need expert help...for stepping motor project..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look up L293D motor driver, its a chip that you could interface to a PC and it has the H-bridges needed for forward and reverse.

but problem of using DC motor is that it is difficulty to control number of rotation rather than step motor...(it needs additional circularity like printers having that rotating scales) so better option is step motor..idk whether it is possible to control step motor using above IC...and also i wanted to change motor direction once an IR sensor interrupt by paper....

The L293D will drive a stepper as i have used many of them, the chip is rated to 1 amp so the motor must not draw more than that.

Forward and reverse is just a matter of the code from the micro or computer to drive it.
It all depends on what pattern you drive the coils of the stepper in, to what direction the motor goes.

thx..mate...another doubt i have is can control two motors using single chip or can connect two separate circuits to the parallel port same time..

hello..anyone can give me good circularity diagram for 2-axis stepper motor controller with IR interrupt switches which uses to control direction of the motors..and it should be able to control via PC ports....

Yes..mate i saw that DIY CNC....but i hope someone can give me a ready to eat one ...lol...i mean without experiment...just simply made and WORKED..thank you...i'm still finding along your valuable clue......... :)

I have been there and built stepper drivers for use with CNC machines and would not bother doing it again, as you can buy the boards ready made off ebay for less than the parts will cost you.

This is what i used in the last small cnc router i built, and the boards work very well.

**broken link removed**

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back