Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need DSL help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't run my 6.0 DSL service from AT&T they want me to run at a slower speed but they sold me the faster one

i know I'm near the end of the line for faster service but they told me my problem is i have over 20 volts AC reading from earth ground to tip and also the same to ring.

Then when they couldn't get the AC out they now say the AC is not a factor but my long run is

Also some more BS their telling me with hot weather the lines stretches 1000 feet longer

LOL! I've heard similar stories. "5 is more than half of 787, so you're getting what you paid for" "It's the wiring INSIDE your house that makes the speed go down when it's raining".

So...what's your question?

No it's not in my house I'm using a full dsl filter with cat 5 brings phone and dsl up separate

My problem is the electric power company is inducing a AC level of 20 volts measured from earth ground to ring or tip

what I'm looking for is a answer on what level of AC can my DSL work at before I'm forced by ATT to cut down my speed the $#$&&^ company is trying to convince me that AC riding on my phone lines will not effect my DSL speed NOT IS NOT TRUE BUT I DON'T HAVE THE PROVE I NEED TO SHOW THEM SO THEY CAN FIX IT

First, a couple of questions.

Have you disconnected your phone line from the house wiring and measured the low frequency AC on it? Just to figure out if you have a short to ground like I did. (A staple through the phone wire.)

Second, it should be easy enough to filter the power line frequency out of the DSL line. Have you thought of that?

yes i had the phone people here we had the line open from the hub to the box outside the house underdtand this AC is floating on the wires

Please do this for me take your vom put it on ac measure from your earth ground to ring then to tip and tell me what AC level you have everyone one has some but it's a issue of signal to noise ratio got to keep the noise level down

Oh one more then let me know what your internet speed is I'm paying for 6.0 but with issues so they cut me back to 3.0 I'm not a happy camper and what really is making me mad is i have 10 more electronic knowledge then anyone they sent out here, i just can't go on there poles My level is between 15 22 AC volts depending on power company demand because of hot weather

I have 3.58 volts of AC from earth to each wire and .006 volts of AC from tip to ring, measured with a very good meter...Fluke 27.

My internet speed is 787 kilobits per second advertised. 737 k real.

Verizon pulled the same s*** on me. They sold me 3 megabits per second and delivered 737k. I was steamed! In the end, they reduced the price from $44 amonth to $24. I think they deserve $11 because that is one fourth of the price for one fourth of the speed.

Thanks for your input, no you will not see AC across ring and tip but your AC level is low, but their is no way you can filter it out, if you can get yours out let me know how you did it

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back