Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need direction sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kad

Is there any sensor which detects the direction in which the person is moving?
That is it should produce a pulse if the person is moving in one direction and a negative pulse if he moves in the opposite direction..please help

Why can't people give more information.

Is the sensor supposed to be on the person, or remotely sensing the person? Is this movement direction relative to something, or basic NSEW? Can the sensor stay flat for compass checking?

With two IR-beam and flip-flops can be realized this.

This is exctly what i was trying to do...but unable to distinguish whether the person is entering or leaving ...could u please tell me how this can be done with the help of flipflops...

The two beams must be close together, such that a body cannot get between them. When the first beam is broken, the flip-flop is set. When the second beam is broken, the flip-flop is reset. If the flip-flop remains in the reset condition, the person was going in one direction. If he was going in the opposite direction, the flip-flop would be in the set condition.

Thanks for your quick reply..
I could get your idea but have a doubt..
the output of the flipflop is given to 2 counters ..if the flipflop is set counter 1 is incremented ans if reset counter2 is incremented ..but as soon as the person crosses the first beam ,the flipflop is set (counter1 gets incremented) and when he crosses the second ,the flipflop is reset(counter2 gets incremented)..counting him in both the counters ..could you please help in getting out of this problem :(

practical

kad said:
Thanks for your quick reply..
I could get your idea but have a doubt..
the output of the flipflop is given to 2 counters ..if the flipflop is set counter 1 is incremented ans if reset counter2 is incremented ..but as soon as the person crosses the first beam ,the flipflop is set (counter1 gets incremented) and when he crosses the second ,the flipflop is reset(counter2 gets incremented)..counting him in both the counters ..could you please help in getting out of this problem :(

My friend i've read all of your post and understand most of it because it's theoritical but concerning to practical matter( e.g.circuit diagram or schematic , website link or anything describes the idea more to realize) is very required for us to help you and improve ourselves....

understand me , right :wink:
Good luck!

This is how I would do it. If you have dificulty following it, post back.

Attachments

• in-out.jpg
    in-out.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 1,533
sorry for the delay
Russlk said:
This is how I would do it. If you have dificulty following it, post back.
tried out a lot analysing the circuit but not getting the exact functioning...can you help with the operation...please!

The circuit had problems, so I changed it to this: The sensors have to be close enough together that a person can't get between them. When an in or out count is made, the flip-flop is reset which inhibits further counting. When the person has cleared both sensors, the signal goes low which clocks the flip-flop putting it in the count enable mode. The R-C is to set the flip-flop at power on to enable counting.

Attachments

• inout_count.png
    inout_count.png
    20 KB · Views: 609
I keep finding logical errors in the circuit, so this time I drew the waveforms to verify that it works. The two sensor beams have to be close enuf together that both are blocked for a short time when a person passes thru.

Attachments

• inout_count_917.png
    inout_count_917.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 551
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back