Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need diode ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanati

Hey guys this is my first post so if I am violating any rules or posting in the wrong section please forgive me.

I recently bought a few surprise boxes from Electric Goldmine and need some help on identifying a part. I found very little about this product but I eventually came across one person selling on ebay. The issue I have is the description doesnt tell me anything about it. I know it is a diode but not much else, any one know where I can find more info on this diode?:

91637 933H 4021 FSCJ
View attachment 62291

Doesn't look like a diode to me. Put a meter on it and check.

Doesn't look like a diode to me. Put a meter on it and check.

What else could it be?

As duffy said, check whether it's a diode. It will mostly be a diode, because it can't be anything else. If it's a diode, then you can use it to any basic application. If you have an specific application, then better buy a required or proper diode referring to datasheets.

Oh, could be a resistor, a cap, a coil or something else. A diode has one end (usually the cathode) very clearly marked (usually a band) so you don't put it in backwards. This one doesn't have any obvious polarity indication.

Oh, could be a resistor, a cap, a coil or something else. A diode has one end (usually the cathode) very clearly marked (usually a band) so you don't put it in backwards. This one doesn't have any obvious polarity indication.

Oh! Maybe, i don't know. I haven't seen those kinda stuff anywhere in recent. Thanks for correcting me.
It looks like something is marked on the component, it might probably reveal that.

Last edited:
We r using in our chemical detectors same looking resistors. 100mohm. Maybe same or equal type resistor. ??

Yea, tested it out and definitely is not a diode. I am starting to think it is a capacitor; I received 300+ of these in my surprise box. There are a lot of different codes on these guys I have read around 20-30 different numbers on them.

I found an ebay listing saying they are diodes but they apparently don't know what they are talking about or didn't test them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back