Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Data sheet - Clock IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but before you give up on it do the following: With the unit out, short the power wires to ground of the clock for at least 1 minute, then try to power it up again.

Well, I had a VFD auto clock from an 80's era car that died after the car was jumped and it was fixed using that technique. The failure was no display. So were a couple of other devices such as an HP calculator and someone's bike computer that was run across a carpet and got a jolt of static that were fixed the same way.

Electrical charges occasionally get trapped in CMOS parts and shorting power and ground allows those charges to get removed. I did read it somewhere and it may have been either a National Semiconductor book or when I took Solid State Physics. It's worth a shot.

Have you tried to reverse engineer the pin-out from the PCB? It's possible to use transparent copy paper to get a good idea of how the connections can be modified.
Were you planning on reusing this IC in another capacity?

Have you tried to reverse engineer the pin-out from the PCB? It's possible to use transparent copy paper to get a good idea of how the connections can be modified.
Were you planning on reusing this IC in another capacity?

That's really more effort than I wanted to put it to it. I actually wanted to adapt it to something else but have since abandoned the idea.

I doubt much that Ford Motor Company can help you. If it's a proprietary IC for which no known substitute is available, then you are better off shopping at the auto yards for a similar radio with the same IC, much less than the IC itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back