Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need circuit for interfacing sensor with pic 16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

myzone777

iam doing my final year project i have designed colour sensor now i need to interface it with pic 16f877a so someone plz
give the circuit for interfacing sensors with pic 16f877a

As you give no information whatsoever about the sensor it's impossible to say, as interfacing it depends on the sensor.

sorry for not giving details about the sensor
the sensor iam using in my project is black and white sensor .The sensor provides a output voltage of 2.4 volts when it is over a black surface and o.1v for white surface. The output of sensor is in voltage.

hi.. you can connect directly your sensor to ADC input of microcontroller.... it produces 10 bit digital value....

You're still not been very clear?, is it an ON/OFF signal (digital) or a variable one (analogue) - connect it to a digital input pin or an analogue one as required.

Next question about the sensor: how much current can it source (to ground) while its output is at 2.4V? How much current can it sink (from a positive voltage source) while its output is at 0.1V?

thank you for your replies

the sensor output is analog and i will soon tell about the sink and source voltages

Oh, I was thinking it was just a logic output. If it is analog, what is the input voltage range of the ADC you will be interfacing it to? (Hint: if using a PIC, what is the PIC's supply voltage)?

You can't supply a PIC 12 volts...

the pics supply voltage will be 12v

You better read the data sheet for the PIC you intend to use. Pay particular attention to the sections called ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM LIMITS, and SUGGESTED OPERATION.

You will need a +5V fixed voltage regulator such as the LM7805 to be able to use a 12v power supply with a PIC circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back