Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need check/critique of schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie_r

Yes, I'm back! With another hairbrained idea for bicycle lights, specifically turn signals/warning lights.

I have not delved into writing the code for the control module yet, and haven't built the ICD2 clone. Will soon do that when parts arrive.

Brief explanation of the circuit:

There will be 4 modules, 2 front and 2 rear, and 1 control (switch) box mounted on handlebars, with battery pack in pannier on rear of bike.

I will be using PWM, addressing individual LEDs for POV.

The two sections of each module will be mounted back to back, inside a windowed box.

SW1 will give one type of pattern, SW2 a solid appearance, and SW3 for turn signals.

What I would like is for some of you more experienced PIC users to pick (pun intended) this project apart, and tell me if it will work as designed, and how I can improve it.

Attachments

• ledlayout.png
    ledlayout.png
    29 KB · Views: 166
  • ctrlmod.png
    ctrlmod.png
    21 KB · Views: 172
  • ledmod.png
    ledmod.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
I'll breadboard it first, and see how bright it is. But yes, I was thinking about doing that.

I'll be using some high bright (12k mCD) LEDs, and they appeared bright enough from 2 blocks away on a sunny day when I was driving them with a 555 at 1KHz. Driving them at speeds high enough for POV might be a bit different though.

Thanks for reminding me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back