Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need C code for HM55B compass of Parallax

Status
Not open for further replies.

odense

I am working on HM55B compass but there is only a Basic sample code on the website of Parallax. Any guys used the device with AVR, especially, ATMEGA128 for robots or other applications? Can you share C code with me?
Thanks!

Hm55b

odense said:
I am working on HM55B compass but there is only a Basic sample code on the website of Parallax. Any guys used the device with AVR, especially, ATMEGA128 for robots or other applications? Can you share C code with me?
Thanks!

I also need some info in this regard,

John.

Hm55b

Hi Nigel,

Do we need to calibrate this chip or it is already calibrated in the factory? If we we calibrate what are we calibrating. Finding the max and min? I am a bit lost in this regard. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
John.

mmsya said:
Hi Nigel,

Do we need to calibrate this chip or it is already calibrated in the factory? If we we calibrate what are we calibrating. Finding the max and min? I am a bit lost in this regard. I appreciate your help.

No idea, presumably the datasheet explains it?.

I just posted an inquiry on the HM55B together with a URL for information. One doc I downloaded shows a flow chart which should help in PIC code development.

I'm looking for PIC code or experience with the module.

The URL gives some links to other info sources. There is some setup required but I didn't fully understand it. They use the term brad (binary radian). Best I can determine a brad = 1.4 degrees (8 bit resolution of 360 degrees).

Try: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/02/PX-29123-1.pdf

Also try: https://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=29123 multiple info links

Jess

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back