Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Basic 3-Φ Transformer voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

abicash

Hello
This is somewhat basic but i need to know voltages for the following
(Attached in image)

1)Require 220VDC-65 Amp as o/p voltage
2)Input is a 3Φ-Star and Output is 3Φ-Star Transformer respectively.On the secondary side i won't use the Neutral.
3)Secondary is fed to a diode rectifier without a filter capacitor or choke

What should be the voltages from RY,YB,BR and the current rating for each phase.

Please respond since my 3Φ principles are a bit rusty...

Thanks and regards

Attachments

• rectifier.PNG
    rectifier.PNG
    17 KB · Views: 203
please go thro fundas of star delta transformers.
usage of star-star is very rare.
on primary side with neutral used you get 230V each phase and on secondary as you don't use nutral and if the turns ratio is same, you are getting 410V and NOT 230V tehn the recified voltage if filtered would be almost 1.414 (sq.root 2) times the AC secondary.

Last edited:
Hello and thank you for reading but i have the option of only STAR-STAR connection hence the difficulty in calculating values

Now for a 220VDC o/p i am doing this:
Code:
VDC = 220V
VR1Y1=VY1B1=VB1R1=? 

PHASE-to-PHASE=
VR1Y1=VY1B1=VB1R1=VDC/√2 = 220/√2 =156Vrms

OR 156Vrms/√3=(128Vpeak)90vrms across each phase-neutral (VR1N...)

Is this correct?

Last edited:
on primary side with neutral used you get 230V each phase and on secondary as you don't use nutral and if the turns ratio is same, you are getting 410V and NOT 230V tehn the recified voltage if filtered would be almost 1.414 (sq.root 2) times the AC secondary.

Hi mvs sarma , the purpose of this post was to find the turns ratio as to define the voltages for the secondary ..its not 1:1
Secondly i have mentioned in my original post that filter isnt present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back