Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need AVR Alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.

okto_2005

Dear all

I have an alternator with 3phase 400V Wye Connection 50Hz 40kVA.
in next plan i want to coupled with Hino Machine from Old Japan Truck.

The Problem is there is no exciter and avr for that alternator i want design the AVR for that alternator. may anyone has the circuit?

on my local dealer, they can build own avr with local parts. but the component buried with black resin so i cannot copied that circuit. so anyone can help my problem?

Thanks before.

PS: they build with one SCR power with freewheel diode , where the main power taken from one line output of any three phase alternator

I havent got a schema but you have to start somewhere with a permanent magnet to generate the dc required to drive the exiter.
The exciter also needs feedback from the output voltage to be able to regulate properly.
Say if the load on the alternator increases the exciter has to sense the voltage drop and correct within it's capabilities to avoid excessive voltage fluctuations.
Also feed back to the governor is required from the prime mover to keep the frequency reasonable accurate.

In general:
Torque controls power
Excitation controls power factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back