Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Audio Isolation Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjana.larka

Hi friends,

I need a audio isolation transformer for isolating my sound card output with amplifier input in order to filter ground loop issues and protecting my sound card.

Could some one shed some light on this, how can i make it at home, i searched 10k:10k winding can do the job with minimum compromise on sound quality.

please let me know how many turns of which number of wire on what size of former, Thanks in advance.

and yes if there is any other way to do this with easily available components please let me know.

Attachments

• Cir_solorb_stereoiso.jpg
    Cir_solorb_stereoiso.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 247
You could buy an audio isolation transformer such as this.

Using transformers like what you have shown, you are likely to loose the audio quality.

The expensive but poor quality cheap RadioShack transformer has the detailed spec that says nothing but its color. It is probably garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back