Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubberlele

Hi! I got this solar battery charger circuit from the internet..
It says that the ciruit can :

-Charges until Vbat = 13,8V (adjustable), then float charges;

-Shuts down load when Vbat < 11V (adjustable), resets at 12,5V;

-Temperature compensation;

-Will work with cheap and readily available components like LM393 comparators and BUZ11 FETs;

-Uses less than 1.3mA (Attempts to use micropower comparators have failed spectacularly so far, see below);

-Burns less than 20mW in FETs when charging at 0,5A. (More expensive FETs with a lower RDSON will yield even better results).

Hope u guys can comment on it before i start building it(whether its okay or not) :)

Attachments

• battery_charger.jpg
    battery_charger.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 445
Very interesting, Everything looks OK, But where are you keeping the charger? Indoors or out?

Also how big is your solar panel?

If you build it let us know how good it is.

Good Luck.

Im using paint :p Haha

Hmmm the charger will be placed outdoor, but i do have a box to place the battery and charger.

Hmmm my solar panel has 17V(max voltage) and around 7A(max current)

I am not much into batteries, but as far as I know too low or too high temperature may degrade or damage batteries.
It's always good to look up the operating temperature range specs of the battery before placing it outdoors.
I think its often placed in the basement or cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back