Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need analogue oscilloscope knowlage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashersmasher

hi i have an old vacume tube oscilloscope i found that appears to be working. it's probably very out of date and what i want to do is connect it to my speaker to show off a cool bouncing wavy pattern in tune with my computer's speakers. how generally would i do this assuming oscilloscopes are rather similar in how they are controlled. i can provide pics if needed

A stereo image on an oscilloscope looks cool.
One stereo channel feeds the vertical and the other stereo channel feeds the horizontal. Mono makes a diagonal line while stereo produces a quickly moving tangle of lines.

If you forget to turn off the 'scope when there is no input then the very bright dot in the center of the screen will burn a dark spot.

thanks! as for leaving it on too long i can't do that either or it starts smelling like burning dust. i think one of the tubes is on the fritz but it's holding and hopefully it pulls through till i find a replacement. it's kind of black arround the base and top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back