Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need an idea for automatic self-levelling..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatbuddy

Dear buddies,
I need an idea or directly any circuit which the circuit can automatically self level it position in X and Y direction..

I have a laser transmitter which i must calibrate it to ground level such that the beam must go and hit the reciever with out any deviation..

Let me know if further classification needed,,

Regards.

New beam??

Beam will be the same, I think u havent get my point. I will attach a note for u all. Just click the link below..

Self levelling image.. and Datasheet..

Check the datasheets and and image too.

Attachments

• Flyer_RL-H3 Series_English_final.pdf
    396.6 KB · Views: 258
Dear buddies,
I need an idea or directly any circuit which the circuit can automatically self level it position in X and Y direction..

I have a laser transmitter which i must calibrate it to ground level such that the beam must go and hit the reciever with out any deviation..

Let me know if further classification needed,,

Regards.

IIRC this is the third time you have posted the same question, didn't any of the previous replies help you at all.!

i have given round mark for that..

Attachments

• self levelling.GIF
    self levelling.GIF
    23.2 KB · Views: 135
Previous replies helped me most. But its the different question not deals with the same ERIC..

If u have any idea then suggest me now. But i havent asked the same question in all my previous replies. Check my posts if u want if i have posted this type of thread then u can delete right now.. ok

Previous replies helped me most. But its the different question not deals with the same ERIC..

If u have any idea then suggest me now. But i havent asked the same question in all my previous replies. Check my posts if u want if i have posted this type of thread then u can delete right now.. ok

hi GB,
I am always interested in laser type questions.:)

Do you mean the 'platform' has to be horizontal to the earths surface and remain that way even though the 'platforms' supports are moved.?

Last edited:
Yeah, u got my point ERIC,
The plaatform must be horizental referenced to ground level if its moved my natural calamities and it must adjust to that automatically buddy.

Do u have any suggestions for that.?

hi GB,

Do you mean the 'platform' has to be horizontal to the earths surface and remain that way even though the 'platforms' supports are moved.?

Eric,
Can u explain how did u catch that point from the post.

Yeah, u got my point ERIC,
The plaatform must be horizental referenced to ground level if its moved my natural calamities and it must adjust to that automatically buddy.

Do u have any suggestions for that.?

hi,
If the scanning laser is using a prism or mirror to deflect the transmitted beam from the vertical to the horizontal, then the standard way is to change the tilt of the prism/mirror rather than change the tilt of the complete laser head.

The prism/mirror having a small mass enables it to positioned by a small motor that controlled by a tilt sensor drive.

EDIT: note the amount you can level this way is +/- 3deg, refer your specifications.

hi rahulan,
I have been working with lasers for surveying since 1980, so I realised what GB was trying to say.:)
Can u explain how did u catch that point from the post.

Last edited:
Sorry, i cant get u ERIC if u give the scrap idea. I cannot catch that since iam not that much expert in this field but things could help me to learn me out more. Thanks once again.

Sorry, i cant get u ERIC if u give the scrap idea. I cannot catch that since iam not that much expert in this field but things could help me to learn me out more. Thanks once again.

hi,
The design of a automatic laser levelling system is quite complex and IMHO far to difficult to realise by using a forum.

These are some links showing some of the level sensor types available.
This first one is interesting, he has taken out sensors from a hand held wii controller.

YouTube - Arduino rover v3.1 - auto levelling sensor platform
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back