Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need alternative part for TV 18-03 diode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal312

Hi all,

I'm using a high voltage diode in my project.(the part's shown in below picture)
But i can't purchase it anymore from the market because it's an obsolete part. So i'm looking for an alternative part.

Does anyone know which part can replace this one?
Any susgestion will be much appreciated.

----------
metal312

**broken link removed**

You haven't filled in your location so we don't know what market you use.

What is the voltage and current requirement? What is the rating of the diode you are hoping to replace?

Thanks for your reply!

I'm at Hanoi, VietNam.
Requirement for the voltage is 10kV and the current is 5A

That looks like Sears part# 86-44-3. It was used in the TV they called "High B+" back in 1970. Those TV's did not use 5 amps at several thousand volts. I wonder if a rectifier that looks so much like the Sears part really is rated at 5 amps.

Thank you for helping!

Could I order a large number of these part? About 1000 pcs?
I did the searching but couldn't find it out

Thanks colin55, but i need more sticks than tens...

You obviously don't have a clue.

The sticks drop about 100v to 200v and are suited for 18kV. 10kV at 100mA is 1kW. How can you possibly handle more than 10 to 15 sticks?

I 've already have some of them for my test board. I used 4 sticks for each board.
But the problem is i can't buy them any more to make some other board.
Do you know any company who still manufactured this part?

Thanks,

Last edited:
You should not use an obsolete part for a new design. If that is what your doing. I thought you were just trying to repair an old TV or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back