Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

Hello fellow board members :). I need advice on purchasing a decent Oscilloscope. I need one that is possibly under $400, and adequate for general use. By general use I mean, hobbist electronic work, and basic repair. Should I go with dual tracing? Also, what max frequency do I need..60Mhz..100Mhz?

If possible, I want a tektronix oscilloscope (We used those in the labs; which I thought were excellent peices of equipment). Do you have any tips on ordering oscilloscopes (new or Used) from ebay?

Thanks

I would definitely get 2 traces and 60 or 100 MHz which ever is cheaper, it I don't think I've ever worked over a few MHz in a non-rf circuit, so it doesn't make sense to get terribly high. However, 100MHz is fairly standard.

Where abouts in western PA are you? I *might* have a scope that I'm willing to part with...its a tek-485 i think. Im not sure if it still works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back