Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need advice for ir laser diode driver FAST

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need a driver for infrared laser diode from cd drive, will this driver work:

or this one: **broken link removed**
or if someone have a better driver for infrared laser diodes from cd drives please give me.
i am aware of infrared danger, i will use it with caution.
i need an answer as soon as possible, thanks in advance.

I did not check to see if the current is right for you laser diode.
Other wise it looks good to me.

the laser diode is from cd drive it is infrared 7xx nm wavelength don't know exactly, and i don't know the current recurred for my laser diode. you meant on the first driver from youtube right ?
that one works with regular red laser diodes from dvd burners

If your laser is from a read only cd drive it is probably 2 mw max so I would use maybe 15 ohms instead of 4. If it is from a writable drive maybe 7 mw, so the 4 ohm is ok.

there are two drivers that i linked in the first post, one on youtube - has a potentiometer on it, and one on the picture without a potentiometer which one is better?

I will build the one with the potentiometer and turn down the output current an then slowly turn up until i get what i need.
Already ordering the parts, will report back the results.

and that circuit with a pot requires 9 volt battery, can i use lower input voltage like 7,4 volts (two lithium 3,7 volts ) or even one 3,7 volt battery ??
also is the infrared diodes from cd drives pinout same as red ones from dvd drives?

here is the red laser diode pinout:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
thanks, but i think i will go with the LM317, because i already ordered the parts, and don't have parts for the one you suggested right now,
only thing i need now is the cddrive ir laser diode PINOUT which one is positive and which is negative pin ?

i made that driver with potentiometer, works perfectly with infrared laser diodes. the potentiometer is on 70-80% of power and it is very bright dot,
on 100 meters it a bit large like 10 cm circle. i run it from two 3,7 volts battery.
now i wonder for how long the diode will last with this configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back