Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need a walkie talkie schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfaqueahmadbari

Hi all, I'm a 16 yr old kid who wanted to build a transceiver of my own (a pair to be exact) but i couldn't find a proper transceiver schematic. I once found one which integrated a cb receiver and transmitter into one unit, but i couldn't find it again. Can someone provide me another simple schematic. Or even the same one would suffice. All I remember of it was that it used lots of 2n2222s.

Another idea i got from that integrated transceiver was of using an AM or FM receiver and transmitter but even that didn't work out. Can someone please help me out here?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
A child's walkie-talkie has only 3 or 4 transistors each. The range is across the street or a little farther.

You can purchase inexpensive FRS and GMRS transceivers that have excellent quality and a very far range.
You won't be able to buy the parts to make them.

Attachments

• GMRS radios.JPG
    GMRS radios.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,136
Without knowing what frequency you want it to work on, it's not possible to give a schematic
but before you actually decide what frequency, you have to find out if you need a licence in your country
some countries insist on licences no matter how low a power your going to transmit.

I do have one schematic for you that I can guarantee works, although it isn't a walkie talkie, it's more a telephone but it will work better than anything you can make for the same price

What You Need

An adult to help
Two metal cans, clean and dry (or plastic/polystyrene cups) Be sure that there are no sharp edges on the cans to cut yoursellf with

Ten to Twelve feet of a piece of small diameter string such as kite string or nylon string

What You Do

Make a 'Tin Can Telephone' by punching a small hole in the bottom of each can.
Each hole should be just large enough so that the string will go through.
From the outside, insert one end of the string into the hole in one can. Tie a couple of knots in the end of the string so that it will not slip back through when pulled tight.
Do the same with the other end of the string using the other can.

With one person holding each can, move away from each other, stretching the string so that it is tight.
One person talking into one can sends vibrations through the tightened string to the other can.
The person with their ear to the other can will be able to hear what was said.

Old idea but still works well.

Sometimes the simplest of things work better than complicated things.
Karen

Attachments

• Phone.jpg
    Phone.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 958
Can I have the end with baked beans? lol Then I can send up smoke signals too.

Last edited:
It is not unusual for amateur radio enthusiasts to design and built their own transceivers. A walkie-talkie is more or less a portable, hand-held transceiver. While most of the published transceiver projects are for the HF ( 30 mHz and lower in frequency) there are likely to be many published projects for VHF. Researching publications from the 1960s is likely to be the most productive. While I do see portable transceiver projects in current literature they are usually for the HF bands. Keep in mind that in most countries there are laws governing this activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back